Top Social

My Favorite Things

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

When I told Diane I wanted to make a blog about our adventure, she said to me, "Amelia, that sounds like a lot of work. You don't even like people! Why would you want to do that?"

And I looked at her and I said, "I do too like people, I just sometimes forget that I don't have to be afraid of them. Anyway, the internet is a great place for agoraphobic, anthropophobic like me to make connections."

She couldn't argue with that.

Since we haven't left for our adventure yet, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about me and my family so that once we start our journey, we've already gotten all the exposition out of the way. Exposition is a word Diane taught me. She's an English teacher.

Anyway, Diane suggested that I make a top ten list of my favorite things to do to help you get acquainted with me, so here we go:

My Favorite Things

1. Todd.

I love Todd. In fact, I adore him. To me, Todd is like a God. See how Todd and God rhyme. Music to my big ears. From the moment I met Todd, I knew that for the rest of my life, it would be my sworn duty to protect him from all dangers real and imaginary for as long as I shall live.

2. Treats.

Before Todd found me at the Worcester Animal Rescue League, I had never had treats, but now I get treats all the time, and I have found that if I want a treat, all I have to do is be bad. I do something bad, and to get me to stop, my people give me treats. It's brilliant.

3. Diane.

I feel a little bad putting Diane after treats in my life, especially since she's being so kind and transcribing all of this, but honesty is an important quality in a dog. I do love Diane a lot because Diane takes care of me and makes sure I get two delicious meals a day, and she gives me my medicine when I'm sick, and takes me for walks, but let's face it: Diane isn't Todd. Early on my life with my forever family, I learned Diane will always protect me from all dangers real and imaginary, and in that way she enables me to protect Todd, and for that reason, I put her third on my list.

4. Sleeping.

Ah the simple comforts of a California-king-sized bed with Egyptian cotton sheets and a fluffy down comforter.

5. Chasing cats.

Don't worry. I never catch them, and even if I did, I would never hurt them, but it is a good deal of fun to see the fear in their eyes when they see me coming across the yard.

6. Chasing Bobby.

Bobby is my best (and only) dog-friend. He's a standard poodle who is three or fours younger than me but a lot bigger. Even though he's much taller than me, I can keep up with him. We go on walks together and then Todd lets us off the leash and we play "Thunderdome," which is a very fun game where I chase Bobby until we're both exhausted.

7. Swimming.

For me, swim season starts as soon as the ice melts and lasts until the pond freezes. I love swimming. Todd taught me how. I used to get so scared when he would swim far away from shore because how could I protect him when he was all the way out there. So I did the only thing I could. I became an excellent swimmer. That's what Diane and Todd always say. "Amelia is an excellent swimmer."

8. Playing in the snow.

I came from the South so in my early years I didn't get to play in the snow, but in Worcester it snows a lot (well, not this past winter, but usually). I love to pounce in the deep snow and roll on the hard crusty old snow and follow along in Todd and Diane's snowshoe tracks. The cold doesn't bother me. After all, I am wearing a fur coat.

9. Riding the Rolling Crate.

Going places is so much fun. Just me, my people, and the open road.

10. Coming Home.

Going places is fun, but I'm always the happiest member of the family when we come back to our house at the end of the adventure. I like having a house. When Todd first brought me home, I was scared to come inside, but now I'm always the first one through the door.
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature